Since June 2016, the International Festivals Commission (IFC) has been responsible for the festival sponsorship program, now called PASSPORT. This program aims to help young UNIMA puppeteers and puppet students, both UNIMA and non-UNIMA members, to attend puppet festivals and increase their knowledge organization and programming of an international event.
Each participating festival offers free accommodation and tickets for shows to the program. Each recipient is responsible for traveling to the selected festival, for providing for his.her own food, and visa fees (if applicable).
The application form
Interested parties should:
- Complete the online form (For candidates)
- Attach one of the following:
- Member of UNIMA: letter of attestation signed and sent by the national center to which you belong.
- Student: Your school’s Letter of Attestation
Applications must reach the IFC (firstname.lastname@example.org) a minimum of 3 months before the start of the festival.
As places are limited, interested persons must apply as soon as possible.
The selection process
- PASSPORTS are awarded to the first applicants, according to a ‘first come, first serve” basis
- The CFI receives the application and presents it to the selected festival.
- The festival confirms to the CFI the availability of the PASSPORT.
- The CFI then sends the applicant a confirmation and puts this person in touch with the festival offering the PASSPORT
Duties of the person who receives a PASSPORT
This person agrees to:
- Collaborate with the host festival and respect the general rules of the organization.
- Send to the IFC a brief report of their stay at the festival (including 3 photos of the event) within 30 days of the end of the festival.
Festivals offering PASSPORTS
- Anima International Festival – Festival Internazionale di Teatro di Figura | Italy | October 27-31, 2021 [2 passports x 4 days]
- MARIONNETTISSIMO, Festival International de Formes Animées | France | 22-27 November 2022 [1 passport x 4 days]
- TITIRIJAI – Festival Internacional de Marionetas de Tolosa | Spain | November 20 – 28, 2021 // November 19 – 27, 2022 [1 passport x 9 days]
- FESTIVAL DE CASTELIERS | Canada | March 2 – 6, 2022 [1 passport x 5 days]
- BRIDGES FESTIVAL / Canada / March 12 – 14, 2022 [1 passport x 3 days]
- PUPPENPARADE ORTENAU / Germany | March 19 – April 10, 2022 [2 passports x 5 days]
- SAPERLIPUPPET | France | 6-10 April 2022 | [1 passport x 5 days]
- FIDENA – Figurentheater der Nationen | Germany |May 7 – 18, 2022 [1 passport x 5 days]
- Festival Internazionale dei Burattini e delle Figure Arrivano dal Mare! | Italy | May 21 – 26, 2022 [1 passport x 6 days]
- FIGURA THEATERFESTIVAL BADEN SWITZERLAND | Switzerland| June 21 – 26, 2022 [1 passport x 7 jours]
- FESTIVAL OF WONDER | Denmark | November 10 au 13, 2022 [2 passports x 5 days]
- MATEŘINKA | Czech Republic | June 2023 – dates to be announced [1 passport x 5 days]
- FESTÍN DE LOS MUÑECOS, Festival Internacional de Títeres de Guadalajara | Mexico | Novembre 2023 [dates to be announced) [1 passport x 5 days]
- Festival de Casteliers | Canada | March 1 – 5, 2023 [1 passport x 5 days]
Reports of the sponsored
- Bonnie Kim | Figura Theaterfestival | Switzerland | June 2018
- Antonia Leney-Granger | Manipulate Visual Theatre Festival | Scotland | March 2019
- Margarita Ricon Ponton | Festival Internazionale Dei Burattini e Delle Figure Arrivano del Mare | Italy | March 2019
- Leonardo Jiménez | Festival Mondial des Theatres de Marionnettes – Charleville-Mézières | France | September 2019
- Marissa Gutiérrez | Festín de los Muñecos at Guadalajara, México | November 2019
- Alfonsina and Catalina | Festival of Wonder in Silkebork, Denmark | November 2019
- Robert Drobniuch | Figura Theater Festival in Baden, Switzerland | June 2022