The PASSPORT program aims to help young UNIMA puppeteers or puppetry students, both UNIMA and non-UNIMA members, to attend puppet festivals and increase their knowledge of the organization and programming of an international event.
Each participating festival to the PASSPORT program offers free accommodation and tickets for shows on the program. To offer a PASSPORT, please complete this online form.
Each recipient of a PASSPORT is responsible for the travel costs to the selected festival, for providing for their own food, and visa fees (if applicable).
The application form
Interested parties should:
- Complete the online form
- Attach one of the following:
- Member of UNIMA: letter of confirmation signed by the National Center to which you belong.
- Student: Your school’s Letter of Confirmation
Applications must reach the IFC (firstname.lastname@example.org) a minimum of 3 months before the start of the festival. As places are limited, interested persons must apply as soon as possible.
The selection process
- PASSPORTS are awarded to the first applicants, according to a ‘first come, first serve” basis
- The IFC receives the application and presents it to the selected festival.
- The festival confirms to the IFC the availability of the PASSPORT.
- The IFC then sends the applicant a confirmation and puts this person in touch with the festival offering the PASSPORT
Duties of the person who receives a PASSPORT
This person agrees to:
- Collaborate with the host festival and respect the general rules of the organization.
- Send the IFC a brief report of their stay at the festival (including 3 photos of the event) within 30 days of the end of the festival.
Festivals offering PASSPORTS
- Anima International Festival – Festival Internazionale di Teatro di Figura | Italy | October 25–29, 2023 [1 passport x 2 days] – The PASSPORT for this festival is no longer available, because it has been awarded.
- MARIONNETTISSIMO, Festival International de Formes Animées | France | November 21–26, 2023 [1 passport x 4 days]
- FESTIVAL INTERNATIONAL DE CASTELIERS | Canada | March 6–10, 2024 [1 passport x 5 days]
- SAPERLIPUPPET | France | April 16–21, 2024 | [1 passport x 5 days]
- FIDENA – Figurentheater der Nationen | Germany | May 7–16, 2024 [2 passport x 5 days]
- Festival Internazionale dei Burattini e delle Figure Arrivano dal Mare! | Italy | May 22–26, 2024 [1 passport x 5 days]
- FIGURA THEATERFESTIVAL | Switzerland | June 18–23, 2024 [1 passport x 6 days] – The PASSPORT for this festival is no longer available, because it has been awarded.
- Festival International de Théâtre Éducatif par les Marionnettes FITEM-BENIN | Bénin | October 17–21, 2024 [1 passport x 5 days]
- FESTIVAL OF WONDER | Denmark | November 7–10, 2024 [2 passports x 5 days]
- MATEŘINKA | Czech Republic | June 17–21, 2025 [1 passport x 5 days]
- FESTÍN DE LOS MUÑECOS, Festival Internacional de Títeres de Guadalajara | Mexico | June 2025 [dates to be announced] [1 passport x 5 days]
Reports of the sponsored
- Bonnie Kim | Figura Theaterfestival | Switzerland | June 2018
- Antonia Leney-Granger | Manipulate Visual Theatre Festival | Scotland | March 2019
- Margarita Ricon Ponton | Festival Internazionale Dei Burattini e Delle Figure Arrivano del Mare | Italy | March 2019
- Leonardo Jiménez | Festival Mondial des Theatres de Marionnettes – Charleville-Mézières | France | September 2019
- Marissa Gutiérrez | Festín de los Muñecos at Guadalajara, México | November 2019
- Alfonsina and Catalina | Festival of Wonder in Silkebork, Denmark | November 2019
- Robert Drobniuch | Figura Theater Festival in Baden, Switzerland | June 2022