The Communication & Public Relations Commission was created in 2016 at the 22nd Congress of UNIMA Tolosa, Spain.
- To make the work of UNIMA, its commissions and national centres recognizable around the world
- To improve cooperation and coordination between UNIMA and its national centres
- To facilitate networking and communication among puppetry professionals as well as enthusiasts, researchers, historians and others
- To offer tools to facilitate the promotion of the work of puppeteers, associations and institutions (shows, workshops, exhibitions, conferences, special projects, etc.)
- To regularly promote different UNIMA and national centres’ projects through traditional and social media channels
- To increase UNIMA’s presence on social media, therefore expanding the reach of information on its activities
- To make UNIMA International’s existing website more attractive, functional and simpler to navigate for a better understanding of the work of UNIMA, all its commissions, and the achievement of all other above-mentioned objectives.