Date of creation: 2012
As we know, puppet theatre is part of each nation’s cultural heritage. The tangible and intangible cultural heritage consists the cultural identity of a community. Very important to know about the past lives of people, this is a valuable source for the study of communities, ethnic groups, different nations and the tangible remains of world civilizations and their development and evolution.
For each nation, knowledge of the past is important in building a future based on cultural identity. In fact, future survival and dynamism of culture, requires a connection between the past, present and future.
Today, at the beginning of the third millennium and the age of telecommunication and globalization, what makes countries distinct from each other is their cultural identity which has its roots in cultural heritage. Therefore, preservation of cultural heritage is a key factor in nations’ future cultural existence.
- Conservation and restoration of ritual and traditional puppet theatre worldwide
- Creating a connection between ritual and traditional puppet theatre with contemporary art and culture
- Financial benefit for beneficiaries of ritual and traditional puppet theatre
- Documentation and global inscription of ritual and traditional puppet performances as world cultural heritage
- Expanding cooperation with influential figures in ritual and traditional puppet theatre in both private and public sectors
- Support of education and research on ritual and traditional puppet theatre
- Fostering interaction between theorists and experts on tradition and modernity
- Preparing the ground for the launch of cooperatives and development funds in support of ritual and traditional puppet theatre
- Exploiting modern methods to raise awareness about the importance of preserving ritual and traditional puppet theatre
- Preparing the ground for the foundation of public and private document centers and ritual and traditional puppet theatre museums
- Support of individuals, groups and NGOs involved in ritual and traditional puppet theatre
- Identifying individuals and organizations that support ritual and traditional puppet theatre and fostering interaction with them on a national and international scale.