The objectives of the Africa Commission are:
- To establish new UNIMA Centres (Congo, Ghana, Nigeria, . . .);
- To revitalize the existing centres;
- To organize the “caravane de la marionnette africaine” or caravan of African puppetry (a travelling festival to countries throughout Africa);
- To promote the heritage and history of African puppetry;
- To engage in the protection of the different types of puppetry in Africa which are endangered;
- To encourage the transmission and training of puppetry in Africa;
- To revitalize links of cooperation between countries and continents.