UNIMA opens a mission of civic service to contribute to the actions of valorization of the puppetry arts and to participate in the development of the World Puppetry Day.
The International Union of the Puppetry Arts is an international non-governmental organization gathering puppeteers and friends of puppetry to work for the recognition and the development of puppetry arts. UNIMA has a consultative status with UNESCO. It gathers nearly 100 national centers and representatives, and almost 7000 members throughout the world. Since its creation in 1929, the association has defended the importance of the values and ideas of universalism, openness and cooperation. UNIMA’s actions are aimed at family audiences, young professional artists, more experienced artists, trainers, researchers, art lovers from all professions (collectors, spectators, mediators…).
Within the framework of his or her mission, the volunteer will be required to accomplish different types of tasks:
- To take part in the drafting of documents and supports of mobilization for the World Puppetry Day, the device Passport, the calls to participation of the Youth commission…
- To propose supports which can value the arts of the puppet (stories, interviews, games…)
- To valorize actions carried out for the World Puppetry Day and other actions carried out by the UNIMA (photos, reports, videos…) near all the public
- To participate in the accompaniment of the actions carried out by the members and the partners of the association (actions of sensitizations, meetings, etc.)
- To elaborate tools of sensitization of the public to the puppetry arts for the World Puppetry Day and for the other youth actions organized by the association.
- To imagine the way of touching the youngest via their tools (TikTok, other social networks) in link with the Communication Commission.
- To favour the access to the information of all types of public towards which UNIMA actions are turned by taking into account the multicultural stake (the association is present in nearly 90 countries on the 5 continents).
This mission is open to all young people who are motivated and sensitive to cultural issues.
A sufficient knowledge of English is necessary due to the international nature of the organization, knowledge of Spanish is a plus but not essential.
This mission requires curiosity, initiative, and openness to others and therefore does not exclude any profile, whether it be gender, background or qualifications. It is open to all.
Start of the mission : February 7 (6 months mission)
Remuneration: According to the current allowances
Location: Saint-Denis – Paris18th – Telecommuting
Send your motivation letter by email with your Curriculum to the attention of the UNIMA General Secretary Dimitri Jageneau at contact[@]unima.org