The Institut International de la Marionnette is recruiting ITS TRAINING MANAGER for its Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Arts de la Marionnette
Created in 1981, the Institut International de la Marionnette has trained many professional French and foreign puppeteers. At the end of a period of deep restructuring, it projects itself towards a new future, with the recruitment of a new direction for July 2022, a bigger autonomy left to the pedagogical direction, and a consolidated work framework. Installed in Charleville-Mézières (08), it develops activities of initial training through the Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Arts de la Marionnette (ESNAM), as well as courses of continuous professional training. The Institute manages a Centre of Documentation and Collections and a Pole of Research and Innovation on the puppetry arts, organizes international professional meetings, residencies, public presentations of students’ works, exhibitions. ESNAM delivers a “DNSPC spécialité acteur-marionnettiste » / « Licence Arts du spectacle” in link with the UPJV of Amiens (France). The Institute is a signatory of the Erasmus + charter.
MAIN MISSION OF THE POSITION
To conceive and implement the pedagogical project of initial training from the reference frame of the DNSPC speciality actor-puppeteer giving grade of Licence 3 Arts of the spectacle option arts of the puppetry, within the framework of its accreditation. To follow the course of the curriculum and to ensure the pedagogical support of the students in connection with the Pedagogical Council. To conceive and implement the project of continuous training of the Institute.
For all these tasks, he/she has autonomy in the construction of the educational programme and the management of a dedicated budget. He/she works in collaboration with all Institute’s departments.
Establish and implement the ESNAM pedagogical program
• Design and plan the study schedules and write the course catalog;
• To elaborate the students’ outing program;
• Follow and organize the VAE procedures;
• Participate in the implementation of admission competitions and diploma juries.
Organize the management of teachers and stakeholders
• Organize the updating of the room occupancy schedule in conjunction with the secretariat;
• Transmitting to the administration, according to the protocols established with the General Secretariat, the information required to draw up employment contracts within the deadlines imposed by the regulations.
Supporting students individually and collectively
• Plan and lead pedagogical councils;
• Organize evaluation procedures;
• Organize the student life council.
Supporting ESNAM teachers
• Verify and collect descriptions of teaching modules and evaluations from the teachers;
• Coordinate, in conjunction with the general manager, the head of workshops and the head of buildings, the necessary elements (premises, equipment, etc.) for the smooth running of educational activities.
Supporting the integration of young graduates
• Implementing the various measures: springboard residencies, internships, employment support, meetings with the professional artistic and cultural world… ;
• To ensure the follow-up of the young graduates.
To implement the continuous professional training program
• To follow and plan national and international professional trainings in conjunction with professional partners.
Implementing mobility programs and international projects
• Follow and organize the reception of foreign students within the framework of the ERASMUS + program;
• Initiate and organize exchange projects with foreign schools.
• Ability to accompany the possible transformation of the Institute and the expansion of the position;
• Good knowledge of artistic creation, in particular contemporary puppetry, as well as of the networks of higher education in culture;
• Practice of puppetry arts;
• Experience in teaching, transmission and project management.
• Managerial and organizational skills;
• Availability, team spirit, analytical skills;
• Relational and writing skills;
• Mastery of office automation tools;
• Proficiency in English.
EMPLOYMENT CONDITIONS AND REMUNERATION
• Permanent contract, executive status, remuneration according to CCNEAC depending on experience
• Place of residence: Charleville-Mézières (France).
• Starting date: 16 May 2022.
Letter of application accompanied by a CV and a pedagogical orientation note * (2 to 3 pages) to be sent by post and e-mail before 30/04/2022 to
Institut International de la Marionnette
7, place Winston Churchill
08000 Charleville-Mézières (France)
Tél. : +33 (0)3 24 33 72 50
*In support of the writing of the pedagogical orientation note, an information pack may be sent to candidates on request to the Institute.