In 2016, the Profesional Training Commission of UNIMA would give three (3) grants, without discrimination of age or origin, to students in puppetry arts, or puppeteers in practical training, to follow a course or a workshop proposed by a school or training program in puppet theater.
So, it is glad to announce the list of the workshops that it would support for 2016.
The candidates must fill out and send the application form before November 27th, 2015 and have to choose one of the courses or workshops listed here below:
– Bunraku Puppet Building Training, conducted by Thomas Lundqvist, in the Compagnie Arketal (France)
– The Shadow and its Double – Role, techniques and functions of the body-object in the contemporary shadow theatre, in the Teatro Gioco Vita (Italy)
– The unusual body – Theatre of animation, workshop with Miguel Vellinho – Cia PeQuod (RJ) Brazil, en el Espaço de residência Artística Vale Arvoredo (Brasil)
– The National Puppetry Conference – Summer 2016, in the Eugene O’Neill Theater Center (USA)
– Summer workshop “Puppets and Magic” en el IIM – Institut International de la Marionnette (France)