The UNIMA Commission for Education, Development and Therapy and the Academy of Arts and Culture announce the Call for Papers for the International Artistic and Scientific Conference on Persons with Disabilities in Art, Science and Education, which will be held in Osijek, Croatia, on 5th and 6th December 2019.
The main aim of the conference is to establish a dialogue between experts who are engaged in the issues concerning the participation, inclusiveness, accessibility and realization of the rights of persons with disabilities in relation to various aspects of participating in artistic and cultural programs and the questions of the integration of persons with disabilities in arts, science and educational system on every level. The goals we would like to accomplish with the conference refer to the further development of inclusion of persons with disabilities in every artistic, cultural, educational and social aspects of life, to discarding stereotypes about persons with disabilities as well as to the realization of the rights of persons with disabilities.
The conference is intended for academics, artists, teaching staff and all the others who interact of are engages in the issues of persons with disabilities, according to the themes of the conference, either in arts, cultural events, science or vertical teaching and education. It is also intended for persons with disabilities who deal with academic or artistic work or are participants in the educational system and they want to present their work or experiences to the public.
- Inclusion of persons with disabilities in arts, science and education
- Stereotypes, prejudices, discrimination of persons with disabilities
- Free time of persons with disabilities
- Persons with disabilities in the context of art therapies
- Socio-legal issues of persons with disabilities
- Oral presentations/papers (15 minutes for presentation and 5 minutes for discussion)
- Concerts, exhibitions
- Panel discussions
- Good practice displays of working with persons with disabilities
- Demonstration workshops . (45 minutes for workshop)
- Official languages of the Conference: Croatian / English
Deadline for submission: September 15, 2019