The Institut International de la Marionnette recruits its Deputy Director in charge of the resources (M/F)
Within the framework of the constitution of a Pole of reference for the puppetry arts, the Institut International de la Marionnette recruits its Deputy Director in charge of the resources (M/F).
The Institut International de la Marionnette (IIM) and the Festival Mondial des Théâtres de Marionnettes are getting closer in order to constitute, on the horizon 2023-2024, a single and same Pole. Unique in France, this future reference centre will bring together all the components of the puppet industry (initial and continuing education, research, heritage, creation, mediation, dissemination), with a view to consolidating and developing the puppet arts on a national and international scale.
In Charleville-Mézières (08), the Institut International de la Marionnette develops activities of higher education through the Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Arts de la Marionnette (ESNAM), as well as courses of continuous professional training. It manages a Documentation and Collections Centre and a Research and Innovation Pole on the puppet arts.
The Festival Mondial des Théâtres de Marionnettes of Charleville-Mézières is a major event for the art of puppetry and for live performance. It takes place every two years and ensures creation, mediation and diffusion missions throughout the year, in particular with Temps d’M, inter-festival event.
In this context, the Institut International de la Marionnette is looking for a Deputy Director in charge of resources (M/F).
Placed under the direct authority of the general director of the Institut International de la Marionnette and the Festival Mondial des Théâtres de Marionnettes, the holder of the position of deputy director in charge of resources ensures the good general functioning of the establishments by piloting the activities of general administration (human resources, finances, public markets…) and productions. More specifically, he/she is responsible for managing the general resources of the institutions and the future Reference Centre: he/she supervises the support services. During the prefiguration period of the creation of the Reference Centre, he/she will carry out the following tasks for the two establishments and then for the Centre.
He/she is a member of the management team with the Director. In this capacity :
– He/she will support the Director in the definition and implementation of transversal projects.
– He/she will represent the Director as and when necessary.
– He/she will lead the future management committee composed of a Director of Higher Education, Research and Heritage and a Technical Director.
He/she is responsible for the support functions to guarantee the good general functioning of the structures and as such :
– He/she ensures the coherence of the action, in a process of optimisation and mutualisation.
– In conjunction with the teams concerned, he/she supervises and is responsible for the preparation of strategic documents.
– He/she manages the preparation of the boards of directors and general assemblies and implements their decisions.
– He/she is responsible for the follow-up and the good execution of the budget and accounts.
– He/she is responsible for the human resources of the structures.
– He/she guarantees legal security in all areas of intervention of the structures and supervises all contracts with partners.
– Responsible for the support functions, he/she coordinates with the future technical directorate all issues relating to safety, security and the reception of the public in the various buildings.
PROFILE AND SKILLS
At least 3 years’ proven professional experience in similar management positions is required for this position, which we are looking to fill as soon as possible in Charleville-Mézières, France (08).
As such, the candidate’s skills must enable him/her to
– Manage complex and changing organisations.
– Demonstrate financial, budgetary and legal expertise in private and associative law structures.
– Demonstrate proven managerial ability to support change, facilitate project management and guarantee social dialogue.
– Be used to interacting with people of different status with ease.
– Demonstrate an analytical and synthetic mind, which will enable him/her to ensure the proper organisation of his/her missions with the necessary rigour.
– Have an appetite for cross-functionality, a sense of listening and teamwork that will ensure good collaboration with all teams.
– The ability to adapt, take the initiative and be responsive, which are essential for the project to be carried out.
– Knowledge of the workings of a cultural establishment, of higher education in culture and of the main issues in the performing arts.
– Master English and the computer tools necessary to carry out his/her tasks.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT AND REMUNERATION
This position is an open-ended contract, with the salary depending on the candidate’s experience.
Applications (covering letter + CV) must be sent before 20 November 2022
To the attention of the President of the Institut International de la Marionnette