Since June 2016, the International Festivals Commission has been responsible for the festival sponsorship program. Initiated by the Cultural Exchange Commission, this program aims to help young UNIMA puppeteers and puppet students, both UNIMA and non-UNIMA members, to attend puppet festivals and increase their knowledge organization and programming of an international event.
Each participating festival offers free accommodation and tickets for shows to the program. Each recipient is responsible for traveling to the selected festival, and visa fees (if applicable).
The application form
Interested parties should:
- Complete the online form. Attach one of the following:
- Member of UNIMA: letter of attestation signed and sent by the national center to which you belong.
- Student: Your school’s Letter of Attestation
Applications must reach the International Festival Commission a minimum of 3 months before the start of the festival.
As places are limited, interested persons must apply as soon as possible.
The selection process
- Sponsorships are awarded to the first applicants.
- The Commission receives the application and presents it to the selected festival.
- The Festival confirms to the Commission the availability of the sponsorship.
- The Commission then sends the applicant a confirmation and puts it in touch with the festival hosting the applicant.
Duties of the sponsored
The sponsored agrees to:
- Collaborate with the host festival and respect the general rules of the organization.
- Send to the International Festivals Commission a brief report of their stay at the festival (including 3 photos of the event) within 30 days of the end of the festival.
Festivals offering sponsorships
- FIGUR – international festival of puppetry & animation | Suède | November 14 to 19, 2019 [2 parrainé(s) x 3 days]
- Puck International Festival of Puppet and Marionette Theatres | Romania | October 14th – 19th 2019 [1 parrainé(s) x 6 days]
- Festival Internazionale dei Burattini e delle Figure Arrivano dal Mare! | Italy | 21st - 30th of September 2018 [2 parrainé(s) x 4 days]
- manipulate – Visual Theatre Festival | United Kingdom | February 2nd to 9th, 2019 [1 parrainé(s) x 5 days]
- Festival de Casteliers | Canada | march 4th to 8th, 2019 [1 parrainé(s) x 5 days]
- Festival of Wonder | Denmark | November 7th-10th 2019 [5 parrainé(s) x 4 days]
- Mateřinka | Czech Republic | June 18 to 22, 2019 [1 parrainé(s) x 5 days]
- TITIRIJAI – Festival Internacional de Marionetas de Tolosa | Spain | November 24 to December 2, 2018 [no availability]
- Figura Theaterfestival Baden Switzerland | Switzerland | June 16 to 21, 2020 [1 parrainé(s) x 6 days]
- FESTITITERES. Festival Internacional de Títeres de Alicante | Spain | 1st to 8th december, 2019 [1 parrainé(s) x 8 days]
- Marionnettissimo, Festival International de Formes Animées | France | November 20 to 25, 2018 [1 parrainé(s) x 4 days]
- FIAMS / Festival International des Arts de la Marionnette à Saguenay | Canada | July 23 to 28, 2019 [1 parrainé(s) x 5 days]
- Festival Mondial des Théâtres de Marionnettes | France | September 20 to 29, 2019 [no availability]