Since June 2016, the International Festivals Commission has been responsible for the festival sponsorship program. Initiated by the Cultural Exchange Commission, this program aims to help young UNIMA puppeteers and puppet students, both UNIMA and non-UNIMA members, to attend puppet festivals and increase their knowledge organization and programming of an international event.
Each participating festival offers free accommodation and tickets for shows to the program. Each recipient is responsible for traveling to the selected festival, and visa fees (if applicable).
The application form
Interested parties should:
- Complete the online form. Attach one of the following:
- Member of UNIMA: letter of attestation signed and sent by the national center to which you belong.
- Student: Your school’s Letter of Attestation
Applications must reach the International Festival Commission a minimum of 3 months before the start of the festival.
As places are limited, interested persons must apply as soon as possible.
The selection process
- Sponsorships are awarded to the first applicants.
- The Commission receives the application and presents it to the selected festival.
- The Festival confirms to the Commission the availability of the sponsorship.
- The Commission then sends the applicant a confirmation and puts it in touch with the festival hosting the applicant.
Duties of the sponsored
The sponsored agrees to:
- Collaborate with the host festival and respect the general rules of the organization.
- Send to the International Festivals Commission a brief report of their stay at the festival (including 3 photos of the event) within 30 days of the end of the festival.
Festivals offering sponsorships
- Anima International Festival – Festival Internazionale di Teatro di Figura | Italy | 23 - 31 october, 2020 [2 parrainé(s) x 2 days]
- Festín de los muñecos, Festival Internacional de Títeres de Guadalajara | Mexico | October 26th - November 3rd [1 parrainé(s) x 8 days]
- FIGUR – international festival of puppetry & animation | Suède | November 14 to 19, 2019 [2 parrainé(s) x 3 days]
- Puck International Festival of Puppet and Marionette Theatres | Romania | October 18th – 21st 2020 [1 parrainé(s) x 4 days]
- Festival Internazionale dei Burattini e delle Figure Arrivano dal Mare! | Italy | 21st - 26th of May 2020 [1 parrainé(s) x 6 days]
- manipulate – Visual Theatre Festival | United Kingdom | January 29th to february 6th, 2021 [1 parrainé(s) x 5 days]
- Festival de Casteliers | Canada | march 4th to 8th, 2020 [1 parrainé(s) x 5 days]
- Festival of Wonder | Denmark | November 7th-10th 2019 [5 parrainé(s) x 4 days]
- Mateřinka | Czech Republic | June 2021 [1 parrainé(s) x 5 days]
- TITIRIJAI – Festival Internacional de Marionetas de Tolosa | Spain | November 21 to 29, 2020 [1 parrainé(s) x 9 days]
- Figura Theaterfestival Baden Switzerland | Switzerland | June 16 to 21, 2020 [1 parrainé(s) x 6 days]
- Marionnettissimo, Festival International de Formes Animées | France | November 17 to 22, 2020 [1 parrainé(s) x 4 days]
- FESTITITERES. Festival Internacional de Títeres de Alicante | Spain | 1st to 8th december, 2019 [1 parrainé(s) x 8 days]
- FIAMS / Festival International des Arts de la Marionnette à Saguenay | Canada | July 27th to Agoust 1st, 2021 [1 parrainé(s) x 7 days]
- FIDENA – Figurentheater der Nationen | Germany | May 19th -30th 2020 [1 parrainé(s) x 5 days]
- Festival Mondial des Théâtres de Marionnettes | France | September 17 to 26, 2021 [no availability]
Reports of the sponsored
- Bonnie Kim | Figura Theaterfestival | Switzerland | June 2018
- Antonia Leney-Granger | Manipulate Visual Theatre Festival | Scotland | March 2019
- Margarita Ricon Ponton | Festival Internazionale Dei Burattini e Delle Figure Arrivano del Mare | Italy | March 2019
- Leonardo Jiménez | Festival Mondial des Theatres de Marionnettes – Charleville-Mézières | France | September 2019
- Marissa Gutiérrez | Festín de los Muñecos at Guadalajara, México | November 2019
- Alfonsina and Catalina | Festival of Wonder in Silkebork, Denmark | November 2019