Since June 2016, the International Festivals Commission has been responsible for festivals grants. Initiated by the Cultural Exchange Commission, this program aims to help young UNIMA puppeteers and puppet students, both UNIMA and non-UNIMA members, to attend puppet festivals and increase their knowledge organization and programming of an international event.
Each participating festival offers free accommodation, meals, tickets for shows to the program. Each recipient is responsible for traveling to the selected festival, and visa fees (if applicable).
The application form
Interested parties should:
- Send the completed application form to email@example.com
- Send a cover letter on the choice of festival (1 page maximum)
- Attach the following:
- Member of UNIMA: letter of attestation signed and sent by the national center to which you belong.
- Student: Your school’s Letter of Attestation
Applications must reach the International Festival Commission a minimum of 3 months before the start of the festival.
As places are limited, interested persons must apply as soon as possible.
The selection process
- Scholarships are awarded to the first applicants.
- The Commission receives the application and presents it to the selected festival.
- The Festival confirms to the Commission the availability of the Exchange.
- The Commission then sends the applicant a confirmation and puts it in touch with the festival hosting the applicant.
The Scholar agrees to:
- Collaborate with the host festival and respect the general rules of the organization.
- Send to the International Festivals Commission a brief report of their stay at the festival (including 3 photos of the event) within 30 days of the end of the festival.